My Future - Aspirations for the future
We encourage pupils to have aspirations for the future in many ways:
- We have high expectations for all pupils and set challenging targets.
- Personalised curriculums motivate pupils to achieve.
- 1:2:1 intervention is put in place where pupils are finding learning difficult or need additional challenge.
- Quality first teaching means that pupils achieve to the best of their abilities.
- Pupils attend college from year 9 which helps them to understand what will motivate them in the future and select a career path.
- In year 10 and 11 pupils take part in college courses which they have chosen because it is an area where they would like more experience or they enjoy.
- Changing Education work with pupils so that they develop work skills and take part in worthwhile work experience.
- Qualifications such as the Duke of Edinburgh encourage pupils to develop their ability to persevere when faced with challenges.
Careers plays a crucial role in your Future and we have a dedicated section on our website where you can access information, advice and guidance - click HERE to visit our Careers section.
Click HERE to visit the My Future Gallery.