The BTEC Level 1 Extended Award in Workskills is designed to develop pupils employability skills allowing them to explore employment opportunities and access jobs.
This qualification puts learning into the context of the world of work, giving students the opportunity to apply their research, skills and knowledge in relevant and realistic work contexts. This applied, practical approach means learners build the knowledge, understanding and skills they need for career progression or further study.
It enables pupils to:
· Develop skills valued by employers and are in demand in the workplace.
· Develop knowledge related to employability and the workplace.
· Embrace the 21st century workplace and build a career plan.
· Achieve a nationally recognised Level 1 qualification that prepares them for employment.
· Develop own personal growth and engagement in learning.
The BTEC Level 1 Extended Award in Workskills will focus on three units:
· Considering Your Own Work-related Skills and Behaviours.
· Selecting and Applying for a Job.
· Prepare and Participate in an Interview.