The BTEC Level 1 Award/Extended Award in Workskills is designed to develop pupils employability skills allowing them to explore employment opportunities and access jobs.
This qualification puts learning into the context of the world of work, giving pupils the opportunity to apply their research, skills and knowledge in relevant and realistic work contexts. This applied, practical approach means pupils build the knowledge, understanding and skills they need for career progression or further study.
It enables pupils to:
· Develop skills valued by employers and are in demand in the workplace.
· Develop knowledge related to employability and the workplace.
· Embrace the 21st century workplace and build a career plan.
· Achieve a nationally recognised Level 1 qualification that prepares them for employment.
· Develop own personal growth and engagement in learning.
From September 2023 the BTEC Level 1 Award in Workskills will focus on two units:
· Considering Your Own Work-related Skills and Behaviours.
· Selecting and Applying for a Job.
For pupils who complete an experience of the workplace they will be able to complete an additional unit to gain a BETC Level 1 Extended Award in Workskills:
· Participating in a Work Experience Placement.